Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filming Ross Ragland's Rendition of Miracle on 34th Street
Thank you, Matt. Keep us posted.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
Kegan said he could either film or let us use his camera to film depending on his schedule. I'll discuss it further with him tomorrow.
Matt, Justin and I were at last night's rehearsal, scoping it out and talking with Steve regarding getting an audio capture.

We will be there again tonight, in part hooking up some gear to the main board and nailing down the audio end to be ready to record Thursday's opening performance.

Jesse Widener
It took me way too long to realize that you were saying that the three of us were there and that you weren't addressing me directly to inform me that you and Justin were there last night.
I see how it could be read that way. Usually when I am addressing someone directly I leave a couple line breaks after their name, like typing a letter, such as:

"Matt,

Justin and I were at last night's rehearsal, scoping it out and talking with Steve regarding getting an audio capture..."

I try to stick to the convention. Wink

Jesse Widener
Two performances down, two to go.

I won't be at tonight's (Saturday) performance, but Justin and Matt will. I will rejoin them Sunday as we wrap up filming. We expect to have DVDs ready for pick up at the Ragland 2-3 weeks from Sunday's final performance.

Jesse Widener
The recorded program is just over 2 hours and will require dual layer DVDs. We have 3 choices:

Memorex 50pk $18 - 50% of Amazon reviews rate it 1 or 2 stars for reliability
TDK 50pk $32 - 30% of Amazon reviews rate it 1 or 2 stars for reliability
Verbatim $50 - 8% of Amazon reviews rate it 1 or 2 stars for reliability. ~90% rate it 4 or 5 stars.

I purchased Verbatim last time for the 'Footloose' production because the brand has by far the highest reliability/quality ratings, and the price difference wasn't terribly much. In this case, the dual layers are almost 3 times as much as the cheapest brand, but I wanted to show where my research leads because I will be purchasing the Verbatim and requesting reimbursement from the group. Our reputation and production time are easily worth the extra expense versus producing a bunch of coasters or non-functioning product.

I've also purchased more blank DVD labels for ~$10.

Jesse Widener
Sounds good to me. Do we still have enough cases or will we need to purchase some of those as well?
We still have about 50 cases, which should be enough to cover this production.

Jesse Widener
I know Matt is nearly done with editing. I have made up 25 DVD cases/inserts. More to come.

Jesse Widener