Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll - The Invention of Toilet Paper
I have briefly mentioned to a few members the TP documentary I am working on and am moving forward steadily with it. I will keep the Group updated.

Tagline..."We smile. We celebrate. We shake hands."

Teaser trailer:

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
I will be doing some filming tests for the TP doc in the coming week, and hopefully get my introduction filmed. I've talked with a family I have in mind to interview, have another interviewee likely locked up, and am working out details for other scenes/participants/locations.

Jesse Widener
Purchased some miscellaneous items for the film and am doing some screen tests for the interview space.

Jesse Widener
Purchased more props, locations are set, shot my own brief appearance in the film, and am now sifting through about 20 submissions from Yreka to Seattle to fill some of the interviewees.

Jesse Widener
How did you go about advertising the casting call? I use Linked In and the Herald and News and only get people from the immediate Klamath area.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
I will reveal all when I am done shooting. I am still sorting through candidates and don't want to muddy up my pool with other film offers. Wink

Jesse Widener
Telephone interviews should [hopefully] be done...off to Ashland on Friday and the Bend area Sunday for face-to-face meets, screen tests, etc.

Jesse Widener
Filming with the inventor, who makes up at least 40% of the film, took place today in Yreka at his home. Final Cut is churning through ~7 hours of video as we speak. I had the use of two Nikon D600s (with spare batteries and chargers); shooting 50mm/1.8 on one, and 80-200mm/2.8 on the other. Actual shooting took place in a little under 5 hours, with breaks in between. I brought plenty of lights and accessories, just in case, and was able to work with the space quite well. I did flub a few things, but with two cameras and plenty of time, I am sure I have the material I need for the final edit.

The D600 batteries lasted a bit longer than it takes to charge them, so cycling them was smooth. The Sony digital recorders I use were champs; on for roughly 5 hours and still had battery life remaining.

Jesse Widener
I'm excited to see how this turns out
Just returned from filming the historian in Bend...long day of shooting...hope to get to editing the material by the end of the week. I should have 60-70% of the material shot at this point.

Jesse Widener