Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filming 'Les Miserables' at the Ragland
Discs, labels and more cases ordered.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
Editing around the 1:15:00 mark. I've noticed the audio mix during show 1 became noticeably weaker partway into the show. I don't know how much it carries over to the second half I gave Matt and Kegan, but I am still leaning on Camera As, while shying away from Show 1 for the most part...at least after the earlier scenes which sounded fine. At the same time, it is still possible to use short bits of the video against audio from another show if the cut is needed, though I generally find enough material in the other shots.

I still expect to finish my rough edit Friday (tomorrow). We may be able to preview the rough edits on Sunday if Matt and Kegan are ready and available. After that, it is a matter of tidying up, then credits, master and start burning discs. I would like to start delivering discs by the end of next week, or beginning of the following.

Jesse Widener
We reviewed the rough edit of Les Mis Wednesday night. It looks great. I hope to have the final edit in hand in the next couple days to add titles, credits, chapter markers, then master and review the final disc for duplication.

Blank discs and labels arrived today. More cases should be arriving shortly.

Jesse Widener
I am nearly done with my final edit, and have begun the credits. I expect to have my final edit, credits, and title sequence done tomorrow. There is a good possibility I will have chapter markers in place as well and ready to render out a master as soon as I get Matt and Kegan's final edits to combine into mine...which I hope to be able to start before I go to work on Saturday...so the computer can just sit there churning it out until I return home. That would give me Sunday to burn a disc and review. If the disk is A-ok, I start burning and packaging copies for the Ragland.

...by the way, my final edit setup: Lights off, sitting on the couch, editing timeline, events, effects, etc. on the laptop... with playback view on the 55" LED (calibrated), audio running to the stereo.

Jesse Widener
The Les Mis edit is complete and the first render/burn to disc is underway. I will watch the disc sometime Monday night and if it is good all the way through, disc image and duplicate for the Ragland.

Jesse Widener
I began burning discs for the Ragland yesterday. I am now up to 25 copies....hoping to get to 40 to deliver Thursday to start, then continue on to finish out our 120+.

Jesse Widener
80 DVDs have been delivered thus far. I hope to deliver the last lot either Friday or Monday. There are some additional pending sales, but we have not received payment for them yet.

Jesse Widener