Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to Run
This is an idea I've had for quite some time, and I finally got it typed up for people to read. I would like to film it whenever we can, but I will want to wait until either a) the group has an editing station or b) I get my own editing station. I have a rather specific idea for how the editing will work, including having some sequences sync up with songs from my band, so I would not only prefer to do the editing myself, but don't want to have to burden anyone else with what will most likely be a rather tedious task.

Anyway, here's the script. It's an action/thriller with a bit of comedic flair in the middle.

EDIT: The script has been updated with a few changed lines and some different blocking.

Attached Files
.doc   Time to Run.doc (Size: 40.5 KB / Downloads: 4)
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
I did some revisions on the script, fixing some continuity errors and adding some necessary tension. Please let me know what you think and any thoughts you have for improvements.
John Lasseter
I don't really get why the Mysterious Man removes the alternator belt. If he's trying to get the money he's presumably owed why make it harder for Scott? It would make sense if was just a revenge thing, but he follows up the line with "Call me whatever you want; it's just business.". If the villain is expecting him to not make it in time lowers the tension a bit.
Hmm, good point. I thought it would be interesting if he was the reason the car wouldn't start, but you make a valid point. I'll have to rework that a bit. Any other thoughts?
John Lasseter
Okay, I changed the dialog between Samantha and Mysterious Man on page 5 to eliminate the alternator belt bit, while still keeping some lines that I like. Big Grin Let me know what you think.
John Lasseter
What is the status of this? Who and what do you need to move forward?
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
I still need more practice with Final Cut/Mac UI to be ready to edit, but I think I'm ready to start casting. I need four other actors, one being female, and two additional people willing to do short voice overs for the phone calls. I also need somewhere to film the "undisclosed location", hopefully somewhere that looks something like an abandoned warehouse/office building/something.
John Lasseter
Okay. Well, I will help out how I can. I think it would be fun to act in, and I know a couple of actresses, Crystal and Julie that may be interested. Are you still in contact with Julie? I think you have Crystal on your Stage 32 network, so you can check with her.

Do you have a blank wall you could shoot in front of? I think that would work. My place is a bit cluttered to be serviceable, as many people can attest to. But, yeah, if you can find a blank wall with some room in front, I think that would work.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Matt offered a space in his house that might work. I didn't really want just one blank wall, but at least two joining walls for more camera dynamics.

I am in talks with Crystal about the part. She's giving me some ideas for dialog as well, so I'm making a few minor tweaks to the script.

If anyone is interested in a certain part, let me know. I will play a role, but haven't decided which one, and want to leave casting open to people who wish to have more acting experience.
John Lasseter
Ah okay. Well, I am sure you can find somewhere.

Mysterious Man sounds fun, though I will leave it up to you. I can also help on crew if you want. What role were you thinking of tackling?