Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bare the Sun
Teaser trailer added 06/23/14 *Edit: Revised trailer utilizing final grading from the film posted 11/11/14:

03/30/12: Although behind schedule, I did some location test shooting a couple weeks ago and have completed an outline for the film. It should end up 10-15 minutes in length and I hope to include some CG work as well. In addition, it may call for the use of a crane and dolly. Green screen is also a possibility at this point, but I am still narrowing some things down.

Next up will be to complete the screenplay to solidify details and then find my actor.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
Screenplay complete.

I am going to reorder it out of sequence into a practical shooting script to further evaluate what additional equipment I will use for shooting, before I put out a casting call.

Jesse Widener
Casting calls began a few weeks ago and after narrowing down the submissions, I have about a dozen applicants to screentest for a male role, and 18-20 more applicants to screentest for a female role.

I began screentests in Redding today, and if I can finish setting my schedule in time, I will screen test the bulk of the rest next weekend on a trip through Medford, Roseburg, Eugene, Corvallis, Salem, and around back to Bend.

Jesse Widener
Screentests largely complete after a long weekend. I have a couple more female tests to undertake, but have chosen the male role.

I will aim to meet with the actor the weekend after this to go over the screenplay in detail as well as discuss wardrobe/props, I'll be back in the Eugene/Corvallis area to finish location scouting June 7th, and still have some minor mods to make on the stabilizer I bought, some work yet to do on the dolly/rail system, and get a crane together.

Much work yet to do, but rolling along with a plan.

Jesse Widener
I was in Ashland yesterday for another screen test for the female role, then down in Redding with the male actor discussing the role, props and wardrobe. I showed him a mock-up I'd done for the concept a few months ago which he thought was great, and is excited to get underway. I plan to shoot his portion in 2-3 weeks, pending my getting the rest of my hardware together.

Stabilizer needs a mod or two I am looking into. The dolly/rail system is worked out and I just need to construct it. I have a plan for the crane.

Jesse Widener
The camera dolly and rails is mostly constructed. It needs a minor tweak or two but works well. Total cost of materials comes out to a little less than $2 a foot. I purchased enough materals to build a 50 foot rail for about $90 (one five foot section was damaged during the build, so down to 45 feet). Therefore a 25 foot run would cost about $50 in materials. This is for the rail itself. The camera tripod dolly and grooved wheels required to ride the rails cost about $65. I will post images eventually, but the Group might get a sneak peak of the dolly and a section of rail at the next regular monthly meeting.

Jesse Widener
I'm interested in seeing what this turns out to be, as well as all your various camera rigs.
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
I have chosen my female actress and the location for her scene...continuing to acquire props...Robin may pitch in to assist on wardrobe/makeup, and the crane parts have been purchased and/or machined; just need to assemble and test.

I am aiming to shoot the main character's scenes next weekend.

Jesse Widener
Very last minute notice, there is a possibility I could use an assistant to hold a light reflector for part of the shoot this weekend. I won't know for sure until Friday evening. If anyone might be interested, let me know. We would be heading out around 6:30am-7am on Saturday (I will drive), arrive at the shoot location sometime between 9 and 10am, and return late Saturday afternoon or some time in the evening. In the event we have to stay overnight to get any missed shots, I would pay for lodging. Otherwise, the job would be unpaid except your lunch (and dinner if necessary) which I would cover...plus the experience of being in a high quality mysterious production!

Jesse Widener
Teaser trailer added to first post. Beware this is still unfinished footage and youtube butchers it.

Jesse Widener