Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Festival Committee Meeting August 4, 2014
June 2, 2014

6:00pm in the front banquet room at Elmer's Restaurant, 3030 South 6th Street. Meeting will be followed by the Board meeting.

Main topics: festival submissions, jury, program printing, Third Thursday, ?
We should also discuss a deadline for KIFF 2015 poster design deadline. Last year we got it done just in time for the holiday shopping season.

Jesse
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
Also (?) plan for the promo short?
I can design a poster for next year. Or at least attempt to design one.

And, yeah, we should discuss what we're going to do about the intro. I'm up for helping, though I'm going to be out of town a lot the first 12 days of August.

Oh, and the jury should be discussed, even to say we don't need one. And our next general meeting, the 18th, is all about deciding the order of the films, yes?
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Yes to the promo film. Yes to the 18th setting order.

Jesse
Also...intro speech, projector, jury/no-jury, prizes?

Jesse
Note, there is an item from the festival committee meeting on Monday that was noteworthy and of interest to potential submitters. We extended the submission deadline, only for submitters residing in Jackson County, until August 15th, on the grounds that they had less time since we opened the festival to Jackson County filmmakers and have had relatively low success in trying to get the word out to filmmakers in that area.

I've been doing some additional legwork trying to get the word out to filmmakers in that area, who (so far) all report that they were unaware of the festival.