Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We did another Playing War
Here is the final cut:
Playing War the Third

Playing War the Third
I have now made four Playing War sketches, including one that I did all by myself. This one is a team affair with pairs of Cliff and I and the other pair being Matt and Kegan. There is not much to tell other than I cracked two ribs in production but that did not slow me down.

Production
We spent four or five Mondays filming this around people's busy schedules. I had a class and externship work, Cliff was only free on Monday, and Kegan went camping one Monday. Matt was good for filming every day because he, like me, is sans job. We filmed for about three hours every day to get the production finished. We was tired after the arduous filming style in that we did stunts the whole time and at least thrice every time. I needed good coverage, you see, so I wanted to make sure it looked its best.

Film Details and Crew
Playing War the Third runs for 11 minutes, but is varied and fast enough to keep the viewer's interest.

We filmed on a portion of OIT's campus.

Starring:
Kegan Powless
Matt Roemer
Jason Boese
Cliff Foster

Producer: Jason Boese
Writer: Jason Boese
Director: Jason Boese
Stunt Coordinator: Jason Boese
Cameramen: Everyone involved at one point or another.
Editor: Jason Boese
Music: Richard Wagner, Basil Poledouris, Akira Ifukube
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
I'm in if you'll have me. Although the action is intentionally fake, I had a lot of fun with the last one. We need more action movies!
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
I'd love to have you on board, Cliff! I'm also glad you enjoyed the last one. Can you think of anywhere to film this? I don't know Moore Park very well, and I will try OTB again on Thursday to use OIT, and those are the only two places I can think of.

If anyone knows of somewhere, and can get to it with little to no trouble, would you be so kind as to take some pictures and send them to me or post them here? Keep in mind I want a good sized hill, but that's about the only specific aspect I have in mind.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Moore Park sounds great to me. If I think of anywhere else, I'll let you know.
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
The only trouble with Moore Park is I don't know the park very well. I can try to find some time before this month's meeting to get out there and look around. I will try OTB again Thursday, as well, and see what they think. I think the dean would be fine with it. I bring that up because one of the OTB staffers said they answer to the dean, but it shouldn't be a problem. But, yeah, if you can think of anywhere else, let me know and I will try to look around at the location. Be sure the location has a good sized hill.
If you're looking for a hilly area the hills above Klamath (in the area behind the K) are a great place to shoot, that's where I shot the video I linked in my message. No people around and really quiet.
Thank you, but we will be using OIT's campus. I appreciate the effort and heads-up, though. So you're in, Matt? If so, I've got it cast. Now I just need someone to man the camera.
Yeah I'm in.
Sweet! Just making sure. We will probably start filming it when spring term ends, so that would be the third week of June. I will keep everyone posted. I got one of my uni friends to join in, although he's never acted before. He's athletic, though, and can memorize, so he should be good. I will need someone to man the camera, though, and they need to be athletic, too, as they run with the action.
I may be available to be behind the camera. As usual, I am most likely to be available Sundays. Let me know when the time comes.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com