Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewer Stench Slaughterer (my comedic film noir)
Video 
This project has been kicked around for a while but not much effort (including from me) has been put into making it happen. I need four more people (two men and two officers of either gender) and a place for the Slaughterer's house. Once I get the location down (I will talk to my parents about it), and the people to play the parts, we can get to filming. I have attached the script to this post for any and all interested.

I cleaned up the script some and added some better detail. I also decided I will play the Slaughterer. I have his costume planned out. Cliff will be playing Richard Peoples, Jennifer will be Chris, and David will be Alex. We are set to start filming on the 6th of August.

One thing I forgot at last night's meeting was a location for Walter to be walking down the street. I found a place in Eldorado near the park (that is where I will ghost trip). For the shooting on the 6th, we will meet at my place (I will send my address to those who need it via PM) and then walk over to the park to film. After that, the only actor I need is Cliff, but I would like crew and we will use Jennifer's house for the Slaughterer's house when we get to those scenes.

Update: Shooting for Sewer Stench Slaughterer is almost completed. We got the scenes at the Slaughterer's house all shot, but I need to edit them yet, so next are the scenes at Richard's house. Once those are shot, I will need to edit it all together and it will be done. I am guessing this will be about ten to twelve minutes. I will keep everyone posted.

Update 10/10: I finished editing it today and I am exporting the film as I type. It is almost 12 minutes long and pretty funny. I will upload it to YouTube and post a link here once that is done. I will now look for another one of my projects to work on.

I put in royalty-free music I found at stockmusic.net, but I cheated and downloaded demos and used those. If that is still a problem, Jesse listed a few sites that have royalty-free music for free that I can use instead. That said, I hope you enjoy it!

Here it be:

Enjoy!

Attached Files
.doc   Sewer Stench Slaughterer Script 7-13.doc (Size: 70 KB / Downloads: 1)
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Bear in mind there are still more old posts to recover. We had 570 when the forums went down, ~57 on the initial backup restore and have since recovered ~160 copying from Google's cache. Expect to see at least another 200 posts recovered this way. Recovering most recently talked about or active threads/projects are given priority right now. If there is a previous thread you would like to see restored with priority, feel free to request it in a private message, if you want to avoid the confusion of doubled up threads.

In this case, the cache for both Sewer Stench and 8-Bit Animated has only the first post or two, so it is a non-issue.

KFMG Admin

*Edit: Forums are now recovered.
I also hope to get this project going in the right direction at next week's meeting. I think David is interested in playing an officer, so I will talk to him. If he does want to, I will need one more officer and the detective Richard Peoples and it will be cast. I still need a house for the Slaughterer, though. His house requires a backdoor and a yard we can run around in. I talked to my dad about it, but he seemed hesitant, so I would like to use someone else's place instead. Let me know if you are interested and we can get this project going. It should only take four or five shooting days, including the first day of getting all of the narrated lines done first. This way we have the timing down.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Jason, will we be filming this Monday?
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
I had not planned on it, but from the sound of things, I will be home in the afternoon, so if you have some time, we can film the bulk of the scenes in Richard's place. They should only take a couple of hours. Would 1:00 work for you?
Yes, I will be available until about 3:30.
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
That should work. We will meet at my place and get as much as we can before you need to leave. In case you have time to prepare, I am hoping to do what we can of pages 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 13.
I like it. Particularly the sss self-assuredness and David's voiceovers.

As always, comments/questions:

1. Was it intentional for you to play the fellow who dies at the beginning and the sewer stench slaughterer? I didn't think the slaughter's face would be seen which is obviously the same as the fellow dying at the beginning. Reason?

2. I understand the abrupt cuts are part of the style but there are several especially abrupt/odd cuts.

3. Digital recorders. Traffic noise.

4. I am going to keep harping on this...commercial music.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
I had trouble finding anybody to take the role of the Slaughterer, so I thought I may as well play him. Plus, I enjoy playing multiple roles and acting in general, although it would have been nice to have someone else play the Slaughterer.

Can you give an example? I am not doubting you, I am just unsure of exactly where you are looking.

Yeah, I keep forgetting to get those from you for when I film.

With that, I plan on changing the music, or maybe even just removing it, for a film festival, whether it be ours or someone else's.

I am glad you like it, and your comments and questions are most appreciated.
(10-11-2012, 10:14 AM)Jason_Boese Wrote: Can you give an example? I am not doubting you, I am just unsure of exactly where you are looking.

I re-watched SSS and took notes.

I was initially going to mark 1:48, 1:51 and 2:03 as particularly abrupt but I am not sure how you would change them without altering the style. However, 2:03 is especially abrubt, particularly because of the short duration of the preceding clip.

2:20ish. You are clearly breathing.

2:26 isn't such a bad cut but it's short duration is what seems abrupt, though given the subsequent similar shot you clearly can't have him walk further as there would be a continuity error. Do you have more lead in?

2:41 seems like Cliff is suddenly in the group with David and Jennifer. If you could better establish that they are all near each other I think it wouldn't seem so abrupt.

4:25 obviously there are a series of abrupt cuts here but this one stands out to me, again not so much because of the cut itself, but the very short duration of the shot preceding it.

8:29 noticeable change in music volume…drowns out dialog. Bring it down.

I still think if you could find someone who somewhat resembles you, you should reshoot the chase sequence as the two roles you play are confusing and unexplained in the story.

Two smaller notes "courtesy of" instead of "courteous of" and the copyright symbol (circle c) is to indicate the work is legally registered. All other use should be spelled out "copyright".

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com