Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YMCA shorts - Outside the Box
The last regular monthly meeting was at the former Fairview Elementary, which the YMCA owns and would let us use as a shooting location in exchange for a promo video. The swim and fitness center is also an available shooting location.

A quick youtube search shows the kind of videos they are looking for, which run 1-3 minutesish, and as they are really 1 person jobs, I suggest we set a requirement any filmmaker who wants to shoot at these locations, makes a promo video for the Y. I think it would be a great exercise for everyone...a quick little project to get under your belt, something to add to your portfolio/resume, some charity work, and access to shooting locations. We can discuss it more at the next Board meeting.

That said, I am preparing to get a video done for them. I visited both Fairview and the fitness center today and talked to a couple administrators. So far I am leaning to doing a short film on their boxing programs, at which one of the administrator's 11 and 14 year old daughters are learning to box. I think it would make an interesting promo short and has a lot of opportunity for 'energy'. I will be dropping in on some of their boxing classes next week to see more what it is about.

I know Robin has an interest in their kids/preschool program at Fairview, and I know the Y is hoping to get whatever they can in 2-4 weeks for their upcoming fundraising. These should be relatively easy jobs, and there are a lot of potential stories to tell here between their various programs, interviewing administrators, and interviewing kids/adults participating in these programs.
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
I just returned from shooting at the YMCA. It seemed to go well. I will be shooting some interviews at my studio tomorrow, and hope to wrap up at leat the video edit by this weekend.
Interviews recorded today. I hope to get a rough edit done tonight so I know if I need to fill any shots tomorrow.
Rough edit took longer than expected, but was completed last Monday. I began scoring Thursday and generally completed the music yesterday...just did some finessing to fit some points in the film today. I am reasonably proud of the score if just because it's the first bit of music I've written in years, and I am pleased to have some time to get back to it finally. I need to polish of the rest of the film to deliver tomorrow. I will try to get a trailer up shortly thereafter, and this will be one of my KIFF submissions. KF first for KIFF 2016?

EDIT: The film is going to be titled, "Outside the Box".
Just submitted to the Northwest Filmmakers Festival, whose deadline is the 15th (next week). Submission was free, other than a $2 fee on FilmFreeway, which is how I preferred to submit.
Just an FYI, "Outside the Box" has been accepted to AIFF.