Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filming of 'Footloose' at the Ragland
Wayne, I will wait and see after I get everything from tapes and flash memory onto my computer to make a final decision, but I feel what Matt, Jesse and I got should suffice. I will keep your footage in mind, though.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
I am working on converting the files Jesse got into Quicktime files, and then I will get the rest of the footage on Monday and get to editing.

Update: I got every file converted that I got from Jesse yesterday, so I just need to get a few more Monday and I can get to editing.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Wayne, can you email me a list of the cast and crew so I can credit everyone at the end? Or does anyone have a programme that lists this exciting information and can get it to me at the meeting?
I have a program I can throw your way, Jason.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
Okay, thank you, Jesse.
I have started editing. I ran into a hiccup, but it is coming along. I will keep the posted with my progress.

Also, I checked the length on the shots Matt and I did and they are shy of two hours by a couple of minutes each, so that bodes well. I do not think we will need dual-layer discs after all. I will put the credits over the curtain call. I will not edit tomorrow because I will be at my parents', though, but I am free Monday, so I hope to get more done then.
Jason just informed me he has some externship work he needs to do which will cut into the editing of the Footloose DVD. From the amount of externship work he has, it's looking like at least a 2 week delay. I do not want to delay this project for several reasons.

I am asking the Group for a "reasonable assurance" that if I purchase Final Cut X to edit this myself, if and when the Group acquires grant funding I will be reimbursed for the purchase and the Final Cut license will be the Group's. Reasonable assurance means you all tell me in good faith if you are reasonably certain whether you would or would not support this. It is not binding, as we can not hold a vote via the forums for several reasons, but I think it is a necessary step to get this done in a timely and professional manner.

I think 4-5 yeas ought to give me reasonable confidence I would be reimbursed for this upon acquiring grant funding. So how about it, people?

*UPDATE* There is a 30-day free trial of Final Cut X, so it won't be necessary for me to purchase it for this project.

Jesse Widener
I vote yes/support this. I'm not going to be back in Klamath until the 13th but if there's anything I can do to help with this let me know.
Thank you, sir. That makes two yeas: you and I.

Wayne? Jason? Cliff? David? Care to weigh in on support for my purchasing Final Cut to get this thing done?

Jesse Widener
I am all for it. I wish I could finish the editing myself, but I understand the time bind we are in to get it done but I am in a time bind to get my externship done, and while making films is fun, I need to finish my externship before putting forth a bunch of effort to get films made.