- Klamath Film Executive Director
- Board of Directors member (volunteer)
KLAMATH FILM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Klamath Film is currently seeking a new executive director to replace current executive director Kurt Liedtke, who due to other work obligations is resigning from his position effective in October, 2021.
For more information or to acquire an application, email email@example.com
Mission: “To inspire and support Film through programming, education, and outreach.”
Klamath Film (KF) is a non-profit organization based in Klamath Falls, Oregon. The mission statement above is fulfilled by the Executive Director and the Klamath Film Board. The mission is fulfilled through the following: producing the Klamath Independent Film Festival (KIFF); arranging local programming; conducting monthly KF member meetings; producing educational community workshops; and serving as a liaison for film production in the Klamath region.
The Executive Director is the management leader of Klamath Film. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Executive Director reports directly to the Klamath Film Board of Directors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning and operation of annual budget for KF (Klamath Film), KIFF (yearly fall film festival), and special programming (local education opportunities and film screenings).
- Create and manage grant applications that fund the KF organization, KIFF, special programming, and other initiatives.
- KIFF management leader: coordinate schedule, manage receipt of film entries, coordinate film screenings and judge and jury panels, manage ticketing, marketing, and overall event planning.
- Manage and organize special programing and educational events such as, the Oscar nominated Short Films screening, local independent film programming, and the annual KF Youth Film Camp.
- Maintain and develop sponsorships from local businesses, organizations, and foundations to fund programs and initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate continued public awareness, education campaigns, and programs to promote the mission of Klamath Film. Serve as Klamath Film’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various film and tourism organizations throughout the state and beyond and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Klamath Film’s Mission. Serve as the film liaison for the Klamath region.
- Report to and work with the KF Board of Directors regarding policy and procedures, budgets, fundraising, and outreach.
- Oversee a website and social media presence.
- Manage analytics to evaluate the progress of programs and initiatives.
- Manage and facilitate the KF membership and meetings.
- Oversee collaborative marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services and partnerships with KF Board approval.
The Executive Director must be familiar with the operation of a non-profit organization and have enthusiasm for film and filmmaking. The Executive Director must be self-directed, have budget management skills, and strong organizational skills. The Executive Director must have strong verbal and written communications skills in order to effectively communicate and engage with diverse volunteer and donor groups.
This position is part-time with an estimated average of 15-20 hours per week. However, hours will increase above average around the Klamath Independent Film Festival. Some weekend and occasional evening work may be required. The candidate will occasionally need to be able to lift 30 lbs, but reasonable accommodations can be made for those candidates that may have a physical restriction.
The ideal candidate should have experience in one or more of the following areas: non-profit management, grant writing, event planning, marketing, filmmaking or other arts, economic development, and be a Klamath Falls area resident.
Salary: $15,000 base salary and up to $5000 in additional event and work performance incentives.
To be considered for the Klamath Film Executive Director position, please email a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, and References to Curtis Peoples, Klamath Film Board Chair, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
KLAMATH FILM BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBER
Klamath Film currently has vacancies on its Board of Directors. The position is volunteer and carries a three-year term as part of an up to 13-member panel of leaders to supervise the Klamath Film Executive Director and guide administrative decisions on the direction of the non-profit organization. A one-page application is required prior to a Board of Directors’ vote whether or not to welcome the applicant to join the board.
To acquire an application, or for more information, please email email@example.com